Dreams, Musiq Soulchild said it best, Don’t ever let someone tell you to grow up and give up on your dreams!
Earlier this week the world celebrated the birthday of The Ultimate Dreamer-none other than the Late Great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. who had a dream that was so huge that many believed would never come to pass. But modern day evidence has proved otherwise. And over the course of the two days leading into MLK weekend and the day after I had the awesome opportunity to work with my Platinum Mastermind GSDers and we faced fears, got out of our comfort zones, shifted beliefs, acknowledged and affirmed ourselves and our dreams and began to Dream BIG again! We even FLEW- TRUE STORY!!! But I am not here talking to you about our experience today; Instead I would like to ask you a very important question about your dreams, ”What are they and are the worth it?”
Leadership Expert John C Maxwell wrote an amazing book titled: “Put Your Dream to the Test” and it is filled with a true test for our dreams- 10 very specific questions that I ‘d like to share with you. In John’s best selling book he has ten types of questions that are simply yes or no questions but they truly hit the core of our being and are very telling:
1. The Ownership Question: Is my dream really my dream?
2. The Clarity Question: Do I clearly see my dream?
3. The Reality Question: Am I depending on factors within my control to achieve my dream?
4. The Passion Question: Does my dream compel me to follow it?
5. The Pathway Question: Do I have a strategy to reach my dream?
6. The People Question: Have I included the people I need to realize my dream?
7. The Cost Question: Am I willing to pay the price for my dream?
8. The Tenacity Question: Am I moving closer to my dream?
9. The Fulfillment Question: Does working toward my dream bring satisfaction?
10. The Significance Question: Does my dream benefit others?
How many yeses did you get? Well for the majority of the population it’s less then half, you see it’s these very questions that I attacked head on to design my life so I could LIVE and not simply exist. And I want the very same thing for you! So let’s make this year the year you honestly and truthfully put your dreams to the test and truly Get Sh*t Done. It’s time out for procrastinating, time out for delaying your dreams because 2013 was practice, 2014 was the warm-up and 2015 is Game Time! So Let’s go, let’s win!!! The first step in this process is to get help!
#Play2Win #GetSh*tDone #ChrisCooperLive #6Weeks2GetSh*tDone